Monday, April 21, 2014

Mock Chevrolet Commercial



It didn't start out this way, but I ended up turning my simple Camaro animation into a fake advertisement for Chevrolet. During the process, I kept searching for a purpose behind the animation I was creating, knowing it would be dry and boring without a "reason". I read that one of Chevy's latest slogans is "Find New Roads" and knew I could run with that idea. And if I'm going to promote Chevrolet, it should be a commercial! So the idea of finding new roads begins in an empty boring parking lot, and after the light winks and the window rolls down to let the music out (after all, who doesn't listen to music when they're adventuring?), the background flashes through a few seconds of exciting roads. The reason the car takes off at the green light (besides the fact that it's a brand new Camaro with 426 horsepower) is because the driver is in a hurry to go someplace new and exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment