Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Screenshot Envy


The selection tools were the most helpful software techniques in creating this design because it helped make smooth, precise selections to piece the cow together. I used the screen filter on her chin because the green was disgustingly dark and clashed with the rest of the piece. I used all images of ice cream and toppings (hot fudge on the nose, whipped cream for the body) because, of course, these delicious dairy products are derived from cows. If you want a complete list of flavors...vanilla (nose and neck), vanilla soft serve (face), chocolate (for the head and spots), strawberry (the nose), pistachio (the chin), and licorice (the eyes and nostrils)...I feel that maintaining a consistent theme is what made this piece work well. This cow was so much fun to put together. I love the expression on her face. I think if I were to name this piece, I'd call it "Moocho Helado"...a lot of ice cream!

My layer masks:

No comments:

Post a Comment